DAYS (37.5 HOURS)
We currently have a requirement for a Toolroom Manager to join our Moulding and Tooling & Metrology team, based in Kings Lynn.
- Ensure the Toolroom teams deliver to internal customer’s expectations for completion of mould tool servicing, repairing and trouble-shooting activities.
- Manage the Toolroom facility ensuring it is suitably equipped and maintained to match the current and future needs of the business within Good Manufacturing Principles and Health & Safety.
- To ensure on time in full customer tool repairs and replacements are met.
- To manage and develop Toolroom team, to deliver and continuously improve product stream performance.
- The management of on-going Toolroom operations in designated area where required according to regulatory, statutory, quality and company processes, policies and procedures.
- Identify future needs, allocate and schedule resources (People and equipment) to ensure that the Moulding and Tooling area operates at optimum level (Rate of repairs) to meet with customer fulfilment requirements (OTIF) and cost of production targets.
- Manage the area team members, using Bespak people management principles, to develop their capability, motivating and mentoring them to meet the current and future performance targets of the business and ensure they are operating within Bespak HR policies & procedures, Core Values, Health & Safety and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
- Develop operating procedures to ensure repeatability and sustainability to meet Good Manufacturing Practice standards.
- Deliver to agreed targets, prepare and submit operating reports to demonstrate area production status against agreed process parameters, outputs, and quality, value and service targets.
- Provide cost estimate information (Headcount, overheads and capital), for budgeting and forecasting purposes to ensure that future requirements of the customer can be met. Control costs within agreed parameters.
- Identify and implement new operations procedures that provide operating efficiencies for the function and meet with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
Decision Making and Influence
- Required to make decisions within remit above and to escalate issues of risk or conflicts of priorities to Moulding & Tooling Manager.
- Objectives are provided rather than detailed procedures and will be reviewed at least monthly. Minimal direction is provided.
- On Time in Full (OTIF) Targets are reviewed and reported daily with projections for future fulfilment.
- Role holder will need to interpret complex production issues using analysis of information & presentation skills.
- Monitor progress of Toolroom activities and flex resources accordingly in line with business needs and Metrics.
- Define and install processes and equipment that add value and enhance the capabilities of the department.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Line Management experience gained in a Manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication, reporting and inter-personal skills, to enable the job holder to manage team and engage with internal and external customers.
- Experienced practitioner in all aspects of IT including document control systems, MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to think quickly and solve complex operational issues.
- Working knowledge of GMP, quality and H&S regulations.
- Educated to GCSE English & Maths or equivalent standard as a minimum.
- SAP user.
- Management qualification.
- Lean Manufacturing tools and Techniques
- An understanding of moulding principles and processing fault finding.
Please send your full application to Careers@Bespak.com