We currently have a requirement for a Planner to join our Supply Chain department. The main purpose of this role is to plan orders and forecast customer demand so that the factory (or 3rd Party) and suppliers are properly scheduled and customers experience reliable and timely product delivery.
- Plan all new orders received and confirm delivery dates back to customer service within 48 hours of receipt.
- Generate production schedule (and other schedules as required) to support the despatch plan.
- Liaise with other functions as required to resolve production schedule issues and conflicts in a manger that optimises factory utilisation and satisfy customer expectations.
- Identify short, medium and long term capacity constraints and escalate where appropriate for resolution to ensure customer satisfaction is not compromised.
- Monitor overall supplier performance and in conjunction with purchasing, manufacturing and quality teams, instigate improvements and corrective action when required.
- Manage stock levels in line with set objectives, activity levels and other requirements that might be agreed from time to time to ensure that SAP customer orders can be fulfilled.
- Establish communication links with suppliers such that schedules are issued and met accurately and on time.
- Actively contribute, to new process development and improvements in relevant areas such as Kanban, MRP, Lean etc.
ESSENTIAL KEY ATTRIBUTES:
- Educated to ‘GCSE’ level (or equivalent) standard of education. Needs to include maths.
- Strong computer literacy skills.
- Practical experience of production planning and scheduling in at least one production facility.
Please send your full application to Careers@Bespak.com