Bespak, a Consort Medical Company, is a global market leader in the manufacture of drug delivery devices for pharmaceutical partner Companies, including respiratory, nasal, and injectables products. Bespak have contributed to some of the world’s leading medical devices.
We currently have a requirement for an Innovation Manager to join our Innovation team. The purpose of this role is to manage a portfolio of innovation opportunities in line with Bespak’s innovation strategy and ensure pharmaceutical requirements are integrated in all innovation and product development activities.
- Responsible for the creation of new business opportunities for Bespak in the area of drug delivery and related fields
- Maintain a deep and comprehensive understanding of the healthcare industry. Identify trends and technical challenges that demand the identification and creation of novel, disruptive solutions. Gathering market and user requirements and technical specifications for new products and business opportunities.
- Continuously scout the external environment to identify technologies that may fit with Bespak’s strategic objectives (Open Innovation)
- Establish and maintain a network with academic research within Healthcare and Engineering disciplines. Oversee Bespak’s academic collaborations (PhDs, PostDocs etc.)
- Ensure close collaboration with colleagues elsewhere within the Consort Group, especially the rest of the Bespak Innovation Group and the Aesica Development Centre
- Act as Project Sponsor to a number of complex, multi-discipline product development projects, with specific emphasis on early stage activities, providing timely issue resolution, expert knowledge and key decisions at each stage of the project.
- Demonstrate creativity and innovation on projects by maintaining up to date knowledge of technological advances in drug delivery devices and formulation drug delivery technologies.
- Champion the deployment, and be seen as an expert in, the business’s Innovation platform and play a senior role in its evolution.
- Member of the Innovation Leadership team – jointly responsible for agreeing the direction of the group, implementing Bespak’s Innovation strategy and managing resourcing of Innovation projects.
- Support the rest of the Bespak business (Development King’s Lynn) with their IP requirements.
ESSENTIAL KEY ATTRIBUTES:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a technical discipline
- Solid and demonstrable experience in Innovation, gained within a similar industrial environment.
- Programme management experience and significant experience of managing multifunctional teams at senior level
- Commercial acumen and experience of managing multi-million pound projects and programmes
DESIRABLE KEY ATTRIBUTES:
- Pharmaceutical and / or medical device experience development / manufacture
- Further degree in Engineering, Drug Delivery or Pharmaceutical Science
- Strong technical aptitude
We strive to be an ‘Employer of Choice’ and, in addition to our intrinsic benefits and career and development opportunities, we offer an attractive range of employee benefits, including our Group Personal Pension Plan, Healthcare Scheme, Permanent Health Insurance, an all-employee share incentive scheme, Save as you Earn (SAYE) Scheme and 28 days (plus 8 days Bank Holiday) paid annual leave.
If this sounds like the ideal role for you then we’d love to hear from you. Please apply to Careers@Bespak.com and send us your CV for review.