ASSISTANT FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT, KING’S LYNN
DAYS (37.5 HOURS)
Bespak, a Consort Medical Company, is a global market leader in the manufacture of drug delivery devices for pharmaceutical partner Companies, including respiratory, nasal, and injectables products. Bespak have contributed to some of the world’s leading medical devices.
We currently have a requirement for an Assistant Financial Accountant to join our Finance team. The purpose of this role is to prepare, develop and analyse key financial information to help management make well-informed decisions to ensure future stability, growth and profitability.
- To prepare periodic financial information reports, variance analysis and commentaries to support decision making about current and future spend and assess effectiveness of previous decisions.
- To support budget development and monitor spend to help control costs across Bespak.
- To reconcile accounts, journals and general ledger on at least a monthly basis and resolve any variances to ensure records are correct.
- To implement corporate governance procedures, risk management and internal controls to ensure statutory compliance.
- To provide professional guidance to functional managers and to advise on ways of improving company performance to help control costs and improve controls.
- To monitor and evaluate financial information systems so that improvements can be identified and implemented.
- To control and manage the operation of accounts payable, employee expenses and purchase invoice processes to ensure policy compliance control procedures.
- To identify, develop and implement new policies, processes and systems to improve controls, delivery and efficiency.
- To update job knowledge by keeping abreast with financial regulations and accepted practices; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks and sharing findings across function to ensure on-going delivery improvement.
- To manage the capital expenditure authorisation process, including identifying when authorised spend is completed, so that assets can be depreciated as soon as they are in use by the company.
- To accurately report on hours charged by the company on both internally and externally funded programmes, providing detailed analysis to support service income forecast.
- To report on at least monthly basis to Financial Controller to enable him/her to update Board.
ESSENTIAL KEY ATTRIBUTES:
- Accounting Technician and/or studying for professional qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
- Experience of working in headquarters finance function.
- Commercial acumen and a good eye for detail.
- Good communication skills and ability to liaise with both finance and non-finance individuals.
- Computer literate with good excel skills and solid understanding of accounting software principles.
DESIRABLE KEY ATTRIBUTES:
- Professional qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
- Pharmaceutical and/or medical device experience
We strive to be an ‘Employer of Choice’ and, in addition to our intrinsic benefits and career and development opportunities, we offer an attractive range of employee benefits, including our Group Personal Pension Plan, Healthcare Scheme, Permanent Health Insurance, an all-employee share incentive scheme, Save as you Earn (SAYE) Scheme and 28 days (plus 8 days Bank Holiday) paid annual leave.
If this sounds like the ideal role for you then we’d love to hear from you. Please apply to Careers@Bespak.com and send us your CV for review.