We currently have a requirement for an Alliance Manager to join our busy commercial team to be based at the Kings Lynn site.
This role will be responsible for driving successful customer partnerships across multi-functional disciplines in order to maximize the potential for success in development, regulatory approval, launch and commercialisation phases. This role will own the process for the generation of bid-winning commercial proposals that come into the organisation. Upon winning a bid, the Alliance Manager is thereafter responsible for the successful on-boarding of the customer and the creation of a partnership culture throughout the lifecycle of the relationship.
- Customer Partnership Management – Manage and drive successful and profitable business relationships between Bespak and assigned customer partners (in both development and commercial phases). Provide timely professional support to all alliance partners, facilitate on-going dialogue, schedule and support periodic meetings, align Bespak’s strategic positions prior to alliance meetings to ensure effective mutual outcomes. Assist strategic discussions and negotiations for new customer contracts or amendments with existing accounts as appropriate. Collaborate with internal stakeholders to provide guidance on the letter and spirit of commercial and contractual agreements to internal teams.
- Financial – Work with customers and internal stakeholders to update revenue and demand / supply forecasts, communicating effectively with appropriate departments within Bespak. Work with Finance Dept to drive monthly and periodic forecasting, annual budgets and long-range plans. Support and drive business cases cementing a partnership approach with customers for mutual benefit.
- Request for Proposal (RFP) strategy – Work with colleagues and Senior Management to better define, proceduralise and enact improved RFP generation process, ensuring rigorous sign off, timely and cost effective proposal generation and successful bid winning are ensured. Maintain a KPI register to ensure effectiveness.
- RFP generation – Liaise with Business Development, Programme and other key stakeholders to ensure RFPs are successfully on-boarded into the organisation, a team is quickly assembled, information is collated and presented in a cohesive and timely fashion to allow due scrutiny from Senior Management.
- Risk Analysis and Problem Solving – Identify risks, opportunities, issues and challenges. Champion strategic positions with key customers to deliver projects in a timely manner while maintaining appropriate Bespak stewardship and an on-going profitable business case.
- Communication – Provide timely communication to Bespak teams and supporting functions to insure management is kept appraised of customers’ achievements, timelines, requirements and progress against plan. Act as central point of communication for partnership risks, (issues, actions, decisions, escalations and plans).
- Change Management – Manage changes in project stages or collaboration participants, managing transitions smoothly to ensure continuity and focus on partnership objectives is retained.
- Organisational Development – Build alliance management competency and capabilities within Bespak. Identify and lead opportunities for business process improvements, internally and externally.
- Business Development (BD) Interface – Act as the go-between for Bespak sites and the relevant Bespak BD lead to build business cases to support position/recommendations.
- Governance – create governance models and structures to strengthen partnership approach.
- Commercial focal point – Provide the on-site key customer focal point to ensure smooth running of all customer relations from deal execution through implementation.
ESSENTIAL KEY ATTRIBUTES:
- Educated to degree (or equivalent) in life science or engineering discipline.
- Demonstrable experience in a business development environment with alliance management focus and delivery of successful customer outcomes.
- Well-developed presentation and contract negotiation skills.
- Good influencing and communication skills.
- Proven financial and numerical acumen and general business savvy.
- Be able to act under pressure to provide timely and clear business recommendations and proposals
- Familiarity with all Microsoft business applications.
DESIRABLE KEY ATTRIBUTES:
- Pharmaceutical and/or medical device experience.
- Experience of Pharma manufacturing organisations.
Please send your full application to Careers@Bespak.com